Voting

Thursday, February 10, 2011

NROL4W - Stage 1, Workout 1

So I started something new. I've always wanted to get into weight lifting. I'm not talking about bodybuilding, I'm just talking about weight lifting. Tone. Sculpt. Look like I have some muscles. I have been taking a pump class at the gym. I love it. I love the whole body workout it gives me in an hour, but I want more. I heard about this new program, New Rules of Lifting for Women. So I bought the book yesterday, read it, and took off. Basically it's a 6 month weight lifting program, 3x a week. Today was day 1.

Today I did workout A:

* 2 sets of squats, 35lb bar, 15 reps each
* 2 sets pushups, 15 reps each - THESE KICKED MY TRASH! (I'm not talking about sissy pushups, I'm talking about the real pushups.)
* 2 sets Seated rows (I actually did these with dumbells - 20lbs each hand 15 reps each
*2 sets Step-ups - first set I did with my own body weight, next set I did using 5lb dumbbells
*2 sets Prone Jacknife with swiss ball. These also kicked my can. They were really hard for me, I felt it in my abs!

The idea is to use heavier weights each time. The next day I will do different exercises.

I have to admit I felt completely out of my comfort zone in the free weight section at the gym. I am always in the cardio area or taking a class. I acted like I knew what I was doing and didn't care about the other people there - they were doing their own thing like I was. Hopefully as time passes I'll get in my groove and feel like I own the place. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment